"Man on a Porch" Progress


It's been a fairly productive day of creating this illustration. There's been some grouping and erasing, but for the most part I am pleased overall with the picture. It's still not finished though. I think I need some tightening and additions made to it.

A great deal of it was working on the background of the porch, and I enjoyed that. I like the rustic feel of the man in contrast with the fairly modern look of the porch itself. Most of the time, I kept the colors fairly consistent with the reference photo. Liberties were taken around the  window sill, the structure of the porch itself.

I will be adding in modern items as I continue. I am thinking earbuds for the farmer, and the image on the front of the newspaper he is reading will have some strange paradoxes. I also like how he does look entirely too big for the chair itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man on a Porch

Third Row Center: "Bill Murray Stories" is a Great Doc on Not Taking Things So Seriously